Dr. Jibodh obtained her medical degree from The National University of Ireland. She completed her residency in Internal Medicine at New York Methodist Hospital, an affiliate of Weill Cornell Medical College. She is board certified in Internal Medicine. Prior to moving to Florida she worked at Montefiore Medical Center, a teaching hospital that is the University Hospital for Albert Einstein College of Medicine in New York. Dr. Sophia Jibodh joined our team in 2014.
- 2006- 2009 Internal Medicine Residency
- New York Methodist Hospital (Brooklyn, NY)
- 2003 – 2005 St James’ Hospital Medical Center – Senior House Officer (Dublin,Ireland)
- 2002 – 2003 St. James’ Hospital Medical Center – Combined Medical and Surgical Internship (Dublin, Ireland)
- 1997 – 2002 University College of Dublin School of Medicine (Dublin, Ireland) M.B., B.Ch., B.A.O.
- Honours in Final Year Medicine
- Honours in Final Year Surgery
- 1994 – 1997 University of Toronto (Toronto, Canada)
- Bachelors in Biology with Distinction
Board Certified in Internal Medicine
- 2009 PGY3 Professional Attitude and Behavior award
- 2007 Best PGY2 Ambulatory Resident of the Year
- 2006 Award for Intern Best History Taking and Physical Exam of the Year
- 2006 Senior of The Month
- 2005 Intern of The Month
- 2002 Honors in Medicine and Surgery – University College of Dublin
- 1997 Golden Key National Honor Society Member – University of Toronto
- 1994 University of Toronto Admissions Scholarship.
- 1993 Honorable Mention at National French Competition
- August 2001 – Medical Research Centre of Trinidad and Tobago
- Perinatal HIV Audit for Professor Courtnay Bartholomew
- Medical Society of State of New York
- American Medical Association